There’s a local bakery in my town that makes great little french pastries and candies. One of their signature flavors is lavender. Now, I knew that a lot of places made things with lavender, and in other parts of the world, lavender was a flavor. However, to me, it always seemed like lavender was just a potpourri or sachet ingredient.
One day, the owners made me try some lavender shortbread, and I was hooked. I already love shortbread, so this was just expanding my horizons. Anyway, I decided that I could make Lavender Shortbread at home, so off to Pinterest I went. Then it hit me – rather than doing a lavender shortbread, how about lavender cupcakes for a Pinterest remake? YEAH!!
Honey Lavender Cupcakes
Links may be affiliate links
A few tips that will make life easier. You want to use really good quality ingredients in this honey lavender cupcake recipe, as it’s very delicately flavored. There’s nothing strong to disguise a slightly old butter or a meh honey.
Pick up food grade or culinary lavender. This will be organic and safe to eat. A large star tip makes pretty frosting so much easier. A great mixer is a must have. If you don’t have a stand mixer, try this one. It’s pretty amazing, and totally budget friendly.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 833 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 138mg Carbohydrates: 192g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 84g Protein: 3g
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Garden fresh, creamy tomato basil soup by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by Roasted Beanz
- Rustic twig star wreath by Sweet Lil You
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out