Skip the wait in line and make your own copycat version of the Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino at home! With flavors of raspberry and hazelnut in a creamy base, it’s a delicious, easy, and cost-effective alternative.
One of my great joys in life is going and trying new foods. Yep, I’m one of those people. I see something on TV or online, and I know I have to try it. It was this way when I first learned about the Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino in 2015.
I was cruising Facebook, as one does, when I was suddenly stopped in my tracks. What was this? Starbucks was releasing FIVE new flavors of Frappuccinos? How could this be? It was going to take me at least three trips (with a friend, of course) to try them all. Of course, once I got down to my local Starbucks, I discovered there were SIX new flavors – the Starbucks secret menu had an extra flavor – Birthday Cake Frappuccino, and it was only around for less than a week.
This copycat Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino is a subtly flavored frozen coffee that won’t leave you in a sugar coma. It has raspberry and hazelnut flavors in a creamy base and is topped with a raspberry whipped cream. If you like copycat Starbucks recipes, check out our S’mores Frappuccino, too.
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino at Home
links may be commissioned
This Birthday Cake Frappuccino is beyond simple to whip up. Just a quick spin in the blender and you’ve got a deliciously creamy drink bursting with real birthday cake flavor!
Ingredients & Equipment:
There are a few things you’ll need to make this. Just scroll down for the full recipe with exact measurements.
- Hazelnut syrup – We also like Torani. They also have a sugar free version.
- Vanilla syrup – Again, we also recommend Torani, but most brands will do. Also available in sugar free.
- Raspberry Syrup – We like the Torani regular Raspberry syrup, but NOT the sugar free in this case.
- Blender – The NutriBullet Pro will get the job done, and then some. If you’re looking for a more affordable option, try the Hamilton Beach Power Elite blender.
Birthday Cake Frappuccino Directions:
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with the Raspberry Whipped Cream
Raspberry Whipped Cream Directions:
- Place a metal bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and add the sugar, fresh raspberries, food coloring, and cream to the bowl.
- Beat on low to medium until the cream has thickened and formed stiff peaks.
- Place into a piping bag and top the Frappuccino. You can also just scoop a big spoonful on top.
Tips and Substitutions for Making the Best Frappuccino at Home
Who doesn’t love the idea of taking a dessert favorite and turning it into a delicious drink! Try these tips and substitutions for making this birthday cake Frappuccino recipe
- If you don’t have hazelnut syrup, you are welcome to substitute almond extract.
- If raspberries aren’t in season, you can easily top this drink with regular whipped cream, though I definitely recommend the raspberry version!
- Up the birthday cake flavor by adding in 2-3 tablespoons of dry cake mix before blending – Funfetti is a great option
Enjoy Some of our other Favorite Copycat Drink Recipes:
- Copycat Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino
- Copycat Hard Rock Café Rush on the Rocks Cocktail
- Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
Birthday Cake Frappuccino Ingredients
Raspberry Whipped Cream Ingredients
Raspberry Whipped Cream Instructions
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 897Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 6gSugar: 69gProtein: 12g