I love the sparkle. I mean, that’s pretty obvious, right? Glitter, bling, metallics…oh yeah…As long as it has little glitz or glam, I’m digging it. It still has to be sophisticated, though. Those old bedazzled jean jackets? I’m not really digging those. Gold leaf? That makes my heart sing. When I saw these gilded Easter eggs on Pinterest, I knew I had to create my own version. In my own way, of course.
Oh yeah…It’s Pinterest Remake time again! That’s why I’m so in love with these easy to make gilded Easter eggs. The take literally a few minutes and have this amazing impact on your decor. They’re so elegant, you don’t have to put away these faux gilded Easter eggs after Easter is done.
How to Make Faux Gilded Easter Eggs
Links may be affiliate links.
- Paper Mache Eggs
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax Finish – We used Gold Rush, Copper Kettle, and Champagne Ice.
- Soft Cloth
- Rubber Gloves (optional)
With a soft cloth, take a little dab of the Metallic Lustre wax finish. Rub it onto the paper mache egg.
You’ll want to make sure that you get a somewhat even coating. A little bit goes a really long way.
Set aside and let dry. You can do half the egg, let it dry, and do the other half. It takes just a couple minutes for the wax finish to set on these faux gilded Easter eggs.
Voila! You have these amazingly gorgeous faux gilded Easter eggs that people will think took you forever to make, or cost a small fortune.
This project is a touch messy, so you may want to wear some gloves. The DecoArt Metallic Lustre washes up with soap and water, so it’s not really necessary.
Will you be making these gorgeous faux gilded Easter eggs?
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Cocout Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets