I love that mix of salty and sweet flavors. It’s one of life’s little joys. That’s part of the reason I think Salted Caramel is so popular. The rich butteriness of the caramel with the little crunchy salt crystals combine for an out of this world experience. Seriously. It gives my taste buds and brain so much pleasure, they don’t even know how to act. They’re all “OMG! What’s happening? Sweet and salty and ooohhhh…is that butter? And crunch that’s salty?! OH YES PLEASE!”
The best part is that salted caramels are easy to make, and are nearly foolproof. You can make them yourself, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen pantry already. When you serve these salted caramels to people, they’ll be amazed by your skill. You don’t have to tell them how easy it is!
A few things that make this salted caramels recipe easier. Links may be affiliate links.
- Vanilla Bean Paste – It’s like a richer vanilla extract. You can use a quality homemade Vanilla Extract, though
- Candy thermometer. You can eyeball the temps, but a thermometer makes life easier.
- Fleur de Sel – a delicious finishing salt that makes these salted caramels all the more decadent.
- Flake Salt – for when you like a little larger salt crystal. (like me!)
- Wax Paper to wrap your caramels in
Easy to Make Salted Caramels
Click through to the post to get a printable recipe.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine’s Cupcakes by Simply Southern Mom
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola by Food Fun Family
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Sugar Spice and Family Life