I have a total love for glitter. Some may call it an obsession, but to them I say they just haven’t experienced the true joy yet. Anyway. Even I have to admit that sometimes, glitter can be messy. Worry no more. I have a non-messy glitter project that’s perfect for back to school. We’re making a no mess glitter composition notebook. The secret? Glitter duct tape.
Oh yeaaaahhhhh….now everyone can enjoy the shimmer, the shine, the sparkle, and the general glitziness of glitter with none of the mess. Read on for the super easy glitter composition notebook instructions.
No Mess Glitter Composition Notebook
Time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Beginner
(these may contain affiliate links)
Glitter duct tape. I’m using this fuschia color from Duck brand. However there are several brands out there.
File or fine sandpaper
Take your composition book, and make sure it’s clean. Basically make sure that there’s no dust, hair, greasy fingerprints, or stuff like that on it. Wipe off with a dry paper towel.
Line up your glitter duct tape with the binding. Run a strip along the cover, starting at the top or bottom, and working towards the opposite edge. Cut. Make sure that this is stuck down well.
It’s okay if there’s a little hanging over. We’ll trim it down later.
Line up your next row of glitter duct tape, butting it against the first row. Stick it down firmly and cut. Repeat this step until your entire composition book is covered.
Trim around the edges with your scissors. File the uneven edges down with the file or sandpaper. This is totally optional.
Stand back and admire your handiwork! You’ve just created a no mess glitter composition notebook!
For more back to school ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs:
- Baked Eggs in Portobello Mushroom Caps from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Free Behavior Charts Printable from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Pen / Pencil Cup Holder from Mom Does it All
- Teacher Survival Kit from My So Called Balanced Life
- DIY Schultute for back to school from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Homework Station from Home and Garden Cafe
- Personalized Pencil And Art Supplies Cup from Our Family World
- Mango Overnight Oatmeal by Upstate Ramblings
- 7 School Lunches to Pack Beyond the Sandwich from MommaDJane
- Out of the Blue College Gift Basket from Simply Southern Mom
- Fabulous Back To School DIY Notebook Covers from My Kid’s Guide
- Monogrammed Trinket Dish from Style on Main
- American Girl Accessories Notebooks from This Mama Loves