One of my favorite treats is ice cream. Personally, I’m good for a really good and junky couple scoops OR a hot fudge sundae. I’ve found in my old age, I don’t really want both loaded ice cream and all the toppings. Making an individual Ice Cream Bombe is perfect, and so easy to make for a party.
What’s an ice cream bombe, you ask? Well, it’s like a fancy version of an ice cream cake. There’s cake, then ice cream, and topped off with some great toppings. So good, right?
Usually in an ice cream bombe, the ice cream is layered. To make things easier for our individual ones, we’re using a scoop of ice cream instead. We’re using Black Walnut ice cream from Hiland Dairies, which is sooo tasty!
How to Make an individual Ice Cream Bombe
2 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- Sponge Cake Dessert Shells – These are like the cakes used for strawberry shortcake.
- Ice Cream – We’re using Black Walnut from Hiland Dairies
- Chocolate Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
- Caramel Ice Cream topping
- Fleur de sel (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Cherries (optional)
- Place the sponge cake dessert cup in a small bowl or plate.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream
- Top with magic shell until desired coating is achieved.
- Drizzle a little bit of caramel over the magic shell
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of fleur de sel. This is optional, but I love the juxtaposition of salty and sweet, and the fleur de sel pairs nicely with the black walnut.
- Top with whipped cream, cherries, walnuts, or anything else your heart desires. I find that a little dollop of whipped cream and a couple of fresh berries are a nice finishing touch.
See how easy that is? And it takes just a couple minutes, while your guests will think you slaved away for hours. These personal ice cream bombes are perfect for summer weddings, too.
Win a Trip to Silver Dollar City
Hiland Dairies want to make sure you celebrate the summer in style. They’re giving away a trip to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO! WOOHOO! The winner gets stuff like park passes, lodging, food, a gift card…it’s a pretty great prize.