Thanks to Nature Valley Muesli for sponsoring this recipe.
One of my favorite things to eat are fruit and yogurt parfaits. Now, I probably should preface that by saying my favorite things to eat that are at least somewhat healthy. I can’t remember the first time I had a fruit and yogurt parfait. Since I’ve been eating these ever since I can remember, I must have been a wee little tyke growing up in SoCal in the 1980s.
Anyway, the cool creamy yogurt combined with fresh fruit and some added muesli for a little crunch always makes me happy. Fruit and yogurt parfaits are great for breakfast with a cup of tea or a coffee. They make a fabulous mid-morning or mid afternoon snack. Fruit and yogurt parfaits are even good for a dessert. Especially if you’re trying to eat healthy.
When Nature Valley contacted me about their new muesli product, I was all about it! You see, I’ve been eating muesli for about as long as I can remember too. What’s muesli, you ask? It’s basically like a healthier version of granola. It’s usually not cooked, so muesli has less added sugar. But, it has all the goodness and great taste of granola. That’s what I call a win win.
A lot of people like their muesli hot, and soak it overnight. I prefer mine cold with rice milk. I let it set for about 10 minutes and dig in. There’s really no wrong way to eat muesli!
Get your day started right with a Honey Raspberry Muesli Yogurt Parfait every morning. These are so tasty, even the kids will love 'em. You can make them up a day or two ahead of time, too.
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 c Greek Yogurt – I used a honey vanilla flavor
- 1/2 pt. Fresh raspberries
- 3/4 c Nature Valley Muesli
- Local honey, if desired.
- Take a small cup or jar and sprinkle a layer of muesli in the bottom. About a tablespoon or two.
- Add a layer of yogurt. Approximately 2-3 tablespoons
- Add a layer of fresh raspberries. Top this with additional muesli. The muesli will fall down and fill in the space around the raspberries.
- Drizzle a little honey on top of the berries, if desired.
- Top with another layer of yogurt.
- Add a few more raspberries and another spoon or so of muesli. Drizzle with more honey, if desired.
- These can be made a day or two in advance, too.