We’re all trying to eat healthier. Whether it’s for health reasons, or you’re trying to get in shape, a healthy meal that tastes good is a must have. Salmon is known for its many health benefits, and is one of the foods that experts tell you to eat more of.
This Grilled Salmon with Fruit Salsa and Garlic Asparagus is a great meal for Summer, or any time. Grill it on the BBQ to avoid heating up the house. Don’t have a grill? An indoor grill, like the George Foreman grill, works wonderfully, too! Pair it with the Fruit Salsa & Garlic Asparagus for a complete meal that’s oh so healthy! Know what else? Grilled Blackened Salmon makes a great date night meal. *wink wink*
This Grilled Blackened Salmon with Fruit Salsa and Garlic Asparagus makes a great meal. It's perfect for summer, but delicious year round. Recipes for all three items are included in the blog post.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- 4 Salmon filets
- Remove Salmon from packing pat dry
- Slice your 4 portions or however many you need place on a baking pan
- Spray your salmon with Olive oil lightly
- Take your seasoning we use Tong Chacheres Creole and generously sprinkle on
- top of the salmon.
- There are many way to prepare a salmon. We use a George Foreman grill it
- cooks a salmon to a med. rare with a crisp crust on top.
- Cast Iron pans make a beautiful salmon also spray the pan also with olive
- oil bring to a high heat. Place the salmon seasoning face down on the pan
- and cook for 3 minutes ad flip over.
Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 whole or can ( in water or natural juices ) of pineapple
- 20-30 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 3-4 Jalapeños (optional)
- 1 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Remove the skin / rind and core of the pineapple. Chop the pineapple into small squares about 1/2 inch in diameter. Place in a medium sized bowl.
Dice the Jalapeños into very small bits. Larger if you can take the heat. Add to the pineapple.
Dice the onion into small pieces and add to the bowl with the pineapple and Jalapeños.
Cherry tomatoes should be sliced into 1/4’s. Strain the juice from the cherry tomatoes to keep the salsa from not being runny.
Add 1/2 cup of lime juice to the mix.
Top the salsa with 1 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Garlic Asparagus Recipe
- 1-2 lbs Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Clean and trim the asparagus.
Lightly coat with olive oil. Saute in a pan, or add to the grill.
Cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
Season to taste.