One of the things that I love is a really good taco. Now, they can be beef or chicken, or carnitas or al pastor or or or…I have to stop! I’m making myself hungry! But it has to be good, with really fresh, quality ingredients.
When I was out in California recently, I had these really great shrimp tacos. Over the weekend, I was thinking “oh, those would be SO GOOD today!” When I asked my mom if she remembered where we had those, she broke the news to me that it was when we were traveling. Heart broken. These Chipotle Shrimp tacos with Lime Crema sauce are a great replica.
They have a delicious marinade for the shrimp, then a homemade pico de gallo and a lime crema sauce. And to top it off, for that little bit of zesty crunch, a fabulous chipotle cabbage. MMMM…sooo good! These are spicy and cooling at the same time.
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Sauce
This healthy shrimp taco recipe can be made in about half an hour. It just means marinating the shrimp for about half the time. It won’t affect the flavor too much, it’ll just be milder.
Subtly spicy shrimp tacos with a cabbage topping and a lime crema sauce to help cool it down. You can easily adjust your spice levels.
40 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Chipotle Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp 51/60
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chacheres Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of Chipolte oil - adjust for your heat level
- 1/2 TBSP garlic
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 7 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Jalapeños Chopped - remove seeds
- 1 TBSP garlic
- 1 TBSP Chipotle chili powder
- 1 Juice of a lime
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro
- 2 cups finely cole slaw
- 1/4 cup Chipolte Mayo
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of Tony Cacheres seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin
- Chopped avocado
- Pico de Gallo
- Clean the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a Ziploc bag, adding spice mixture and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add a little olive oil to a non stick pan, and add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp until they're done, about 3-5 minutes. They should be bright pink (which might be a little hard to see) and curled into a C shape.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream, lime juice and cumin. Season to taste with kosher salt. Refrigerate until ready to use. Stir well before serving.
- Chop up tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. Combine all items together, adjusting jalapenos and and chipotle for heat level. Chill until ready to use.
- Place 6-8 shrimp in a tortilla, and top with the chipotle cabbage and lime crema. Add avocado, pico, and top with a squeeze of lime.