One of the things I love about summer is all of the amazing produce that’s available. Fresh, sweet fruit, and those veggies that are just perfect are spilling out all over. Right now, two things that I love are in season – watermelon and blackberries.
I also love a really good salad, one with lots and lots of goodies in it. This Watermelon and Blackberry salad really fills the bill. Add in a great gorgonzola and a tangy lemon vinaigrette? I am SO THERE!
Watermelon and Blackberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
A great summer salad with watermelon and blackberries, along with blue cheese and spinach and a made from scratch Lemon Vinaigrette
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 C fresh Spinach
- 3 C Salad Mix
- 2 C fresh cubed Watermelon
- 1 C Blackberries
- 1/2 C Dried Cranberries
- 1 C Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- 1 C Olive Oil
- 1/2 C White Wine vinegar
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Rinse off the fresh spinach and dry it off with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Place the spinach and salad mix in a large salad bowl.
- Add the cubed watermelon and blackberries.
- Add dried cranberries and Blue cheese crumbles.
- Toss the salad ingredients together.
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette --
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime into a large glass measuring cup.
- Add olive oil and stir well.
- Add white wine vinegar, and whisk to combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a bottle with a lid. Shake well before using.
- Drizzle Lemon Vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Chill salad until serving.
- Add a protein like grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon if desired.
- Makes 4 dinner sized servings or 6-8 appetizer servings.