One of my favorite things about summer is all of the amazing produce that’s available. I love to take advantage of them in a great salad like this Spinach Gorgonzola Salad with homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing.
I am not sure that there’s anything that’s really better than perfectly ripe home grown veggies in the summer. And don’t even get me started on the great fruit that’s available. A ripe summer berry is like nature’s perfect gift.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy all of this bounty of summer is in a really delicious salad. This Spinach Salad with fresh homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing is a perfect example of an indulgent summer salad.
Spinach Gorgonzola Salad with Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
- For the Salad
- Fresh Spinach. I like to use the baby spinach that comes in a bag.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese. If you don’t like blue cheese, you can substitute Feta.
- For the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil. You can use olive oil as well.
- Place raspberries in a bowl and crush with a fork or a potato masher. I used a potato masher. Whisk in remaining ingredients until well blended. Cover and chill. Whisk just before using, to combine well.
- Place the spinach in a bowl top with raspberries, pecans, and gorgonzola cheese. Top the salad with the Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- For a heartier salad, add grilled fish, grilled chicken, or even grilled shrimp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 728Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 53gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 14g
This information is provided as a convenience
This Spinach Gorgonzola Salad pairs so well with just about anything. It’s delicious with grilled fish or grilled chicken. Add some sliced chicken or cooked shrimp for a heartier salad. The possibilities are endless. And the Raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing is great with most any kind of salad. Just in case spinach isn’t your thang!