There are two things I love – pecan pie and bar cookies. Why not combine the two with these pecan pie bars?
I am a sucker for pecan pie. I have to say that it’s probably my favorite kind of pie. Serve it with a big dollop of whipped cream, and I am so there.
Of course, it takes a while to make pecan pie. Especially if you’re going through all the effort of making a pretty design on the top with the pecan halves. Why not just cut to the chase, and make a great pecan pie bar? These pecan pie bars are relatively quick and easy, and you don’t have to feel the need to justify making a whole pie.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
A great bar cookie that takes the best parts of pecan pie, and puts them into a portable unit. Easier than making pie, too.
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened. Use real butter, not margarine.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, butter and sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
- Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are very light golden brown.
- Combine all filling ingredients except 1 1/2 cups pecans in bowl; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot, partially baked crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool; cut into bars.
Will you be making these pecan pie bars any time soon?