I am always looking for fun and new cocktails. Whether they’re unique twists on classic favorites, a classic I’m not familiar with, or something totally re-invented, I’m game to try it. When Sauza contacted me about doing something for Cinco de Mayo, I started really trying to brainstorm. What would be fun, unique, and something totally unexpected.
It took me a while, but one day, in my kitchen, it dawned on me. I’d do a smoked apple margarita. Sweet, but not too sweet, and with a little twist of sumtin sumtin in it. The smoky flavor just kicks it up a notch into a sophisticated, grown up flavor that’s still a joy to drink.
Smoked Apple Margarita
Fun and unique cocktails are always a joy to try. This Smoked Apple Margarita is no different, easy to make, and one you'll want to make again and again.
3 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 oz Sauza Silver Tequila
- 4 oz Apple Juice – Use a good quality juice, as it will be a main component.
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
- One drop liquid smoke
- Applewood smoked salt
- Apple slice, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila, apple juice, and lime juice. Shake to chill and combine thoroughly.
- Rub the squeezed lime around the rim of a margarita glass, and dip the rim in Applewood smoked salt.
- Strain the tequila mixture into the salted glass, and add a single drop of liquid smoke.
- Garnish with a slice of apple, and serve.
This Smoked Apple Margarita will quickly become one of your go-to recipes when you’re entertaining. It’s quick and easy to make, and can be made in a large batch to satisfy the crowd. That’s a total win! This also is good for year round drinking. It’s not seasonal, and would be amazing with fresh cider in the fall.