As anyone who has spent any time in the Southern US can tell you, sweet tea is a way of life. When you go in somewhere and ask for tea, you get a sweet, sugary concoction. It’s definitely not the traditional iced tea this SoCal native is used to! There’s just something about Southern sweet tea that is unique. There’s the just right mix of sugar to tea, and it’s not gritty or grainy.
How do they make it? For the longest time, I was told it was a secret. The perfect southern sweet tea isn’t difficult to make, though. Once you know the secret, that is. I’m going to share the secrets to Southern sweet tea with you. Shhh…
How to Make Perfect Southern Sweet Tea
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
You may want to get a gorgeous pitcher to serve your Southern sweet tea from. And if you’re having a lot of people over, you might even want a countertop ice maker.
For more July 4th & Patriotic ideas, check out a few posts from my favorite bloggers:
- Patriotic Mini Berry Tarts by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Patriotic DIY Candy Dish by A Mom’s Take
- Patriotic Pudding Cups by Better in Bulk
- Patriotic String Art Craft by This Mama Loves
- Patriotic Red, White and Blue Mason Jar Planters by Home and Garden Cafe
- Crockpot Bean Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Treats for your 4th of July Cookout by Momma D Jane
- Greek Pasta Salad, a simple summer side by About a Mom
- Beet and Blueberry Salad by Upstate Ramblings