Tiki bars have become so popular in the last year or so. It used to be that you had to go to either a resort-y beach town to find one, or you’d see one in a random town. But not now. Now they’re everywhere. Our mid-sized town has three or four alone. Celebrate that with a Holy Mole cocktail. It’s a great tiki bar type cocktail that you can totally make at home.
Most tiki bar cocktails are rum based. The Holy Mole happens to be a fruity bourbon cocktail that has a bit of a kick. It’s perfect for summer – and beyond.
Holy Mole Bourbon Tiki Cocktail
There are a few things you need to make the Holy Mole. A great bar set is item number one. You’ll need jiggers, a shaker, and a strainer. You’ll need a couple flavors of bitters – orange and Aztec Chocolate. Every good bar should have a few bitters, and they’re a great way to bump up your cocktail repertoire. You’ll also need luxardo cherries. These are simply a great brand of maraschino cherries that are ideal for cocktails.
- 2 oz. Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.25 oz. Amaro Montenegro
- 0.50 oz. of Ghost Pepper Syrup
- 0.25 oz. of Passion Fruit Syrup
- 1-2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- 1-2 Dashes Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- Lemon Wheels for garnish
- Luxardo cherries
- Add all ingredients to a shaker filled about halfway with ice.
- Shake until really well combined and chilled.
- Fill a tall pilsner glass or a tiki glass with ice.
- Double strain the shaker into the pilsner glass.
- Top off with ice, if necessary.
- Garnish with orange oil, a lemon wheel, luxardo cherries, and an umbrella. And a straw.