One of my favorite treats in the summer is a really good glass of lemonade. That tart-sweet taste that’s oh so cold on a hot day is just like heaven. Well, kick up your classic lemonade a notch with this delicious Blueberry Strawberry Lemonade recipe. Made with fresh lemons, strawberries, and blueberries, it’s a real taste sensation that’s sure to please everyone.
Links may be affiliate links. They help support our site at no additional cost to you.
There are a few things that you’ll need to make this Blueberry Strawberry Lemonade recipe. One is a fine mesh sieve. This will help you strain the fibrous bits from the berries, and the lemonade, if you so choose. A countertop ice maker is always handy, especially when company is over, or if you have a large family. And of course, you don’t want to forget a great pitcher. I actually have a few of these, and I really like them because they fit in the door of the fridge.
Fresh Blueberry Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered and hulled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- Zest from 2 lemons (approx 2 TBSP)
- Juice of 6 lemons (approx 3/4 cup)
- 1 gallon of cold water
- In a saucepan, bring the 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the sugar and lemon zest, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Set aside. We’ve made simple syrup!
- Pour the gallon of water into a pitcher and add the lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
- Mix in the simple syrup with the lemon zest, adjusting for taste. Stir well until the simple syrup has been thoroughly mixed. If you like a tarter drink, use less simple syrup.
- In a blender, combine the strawberries and blueberries. Puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and fibrous bits.
- Fill a pitcher about 1/4 of the way with ice, and add berry puree until the pitcher is 1/3 to half full.
- Top off with lemonade.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice, and pour yourself a nice, refreshing glass of Fresh Blueberry Strawberry Lemonade.
Serving Size:8 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
Doesn’t this sound delicious? It’s the perfect drink for late summer, and no one has to know how easy it was. Psssttt…you could even use frozen berries. I won’t tell! If you love lemonade, be sure to check out our Strawberry Lemonade Mojito Mocktail or the Copycat Chik Fil A Frozen Lemonade, too!