These Tropical Punch Cupcakes were sponsored by Lunchbox.
My friend’s daughter LOVES Kool-Aid. She always has a red tropical punch mustache, and it’s become a running joke. She’s getting ready to graduate from Pre-K, which, as you know, is a pretty big deal. I wanted to make a little treat that I knew she would love.
Tropical Punch Cupcakes.
The best part – these Tropical Punch Cupcakes are easy. So easy.
How to Make Tropical Punch Cupcakes
Tropical punch flavored cupcakes are easy to make, and look a lot harder than they are.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- One box cake mix + ingredients on the back of package
- 3 TBSP Kool-Aid Easy Mix
- One tub frosting
- 1 1/2 TBSP Kool-Aid Easy Mix
- 1 Tsp Country Time Lemonade Starters
- Mix your box cake, as directed on the package.
- Add in the Kool-Aid Easy Mix to the batter, and stir to combine. It’s okay if it’s streaky, as it will just make the cake look prettier.
- Portion into cupcake cups and bake as directed. Let cool before frosting.
- For the Frosting, add the Kool-Aid Easy Mix and the frosting and stir to combine. Again, it’s okay if it’s a little streaky, as it adds to the look.
- Add the Country Time Lemonade Starters and stir to combine. This will give the frosting a little lift and a little touch of tartness.
- Frost the cupcakes. I put the frosting into a bag fitted with a large star tip and frosted the cupcakes.
- IF your frosting gets too soft, you can add some powdered sugar and mix it in with the mixer. It’s a personal choice.
About Kool-Aid Easy Mix & Country Time Lemonade Starters
With the new Kool-Aid Easy Mix and Country Time Lemonade Starters, there’s no need for the little packets, the giant sugar canister, or looking for a measuring cup. NO! It’s all pre-done for you.
The mixes have an easy pour spout. It’s easy to make a single glass or a pitcher for the whole group to enjoy.
One serving has 40 calories for the Kool-Aid Easy Mix and 50 calories for the Country Time Lemonade Starters.
They’re caffeine free and Kosher, too.