Special thanks to Lunchbox for sponsoring this recipe.
I am a sucker for appetizers. I can eat just appetizers and no actual meal, and be super happy. When I was a kid, it seems that clam dip was everywhere, and it was my favorite type of dip. I don’t know if it was just the 1980s, or when the classic clam dip fell out of favor.
Fast forward, and I’ve decided to do my part to bring it back. This version of classic clam dip is different though. This is a lighter and fluffier version that lower in fat and calories, but still high in flavor. That’s something we all want.
This lighter classic clam dip recipe is a perfect addition to your pregame festivities. It’s delicious with chips, crackers, pita chips, veggies, and more. Really, just about anything works!
Classic Clam Dip Made Lighter
A lighter version of the classic clam dip. All of the flavor with less fat and calories.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 8 oz. block low fat cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. low fat sour cream
- 2 small cans of chopped clams, drained
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the low fat cream cheese in a medium-large bowl. Beat it with an electric mixer until it starts to get light and fluffy, about a minute or two. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the sour cream, and beat it again, until the whole mixture is light and fluffy. Another 2 or three minutes or so.
- Add in the garlic, clams, and salt and pepper. Mix again for another couple minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- This lighter classic clam dip should be super light and fluffy, and almost look like marshmallow fluff. If you like less clams, you can adjust the amount you add.
You know what else you need to pregame correctly? You need to look and smell good. Even if it’s just the fellas, no one wants to hang out with the guy that’s rank. Stock up on items like Dove Men + Care, AXE, and Degree at Walmart. Those should have ya covered, and they’re the official NCAA Football Pregame Products.
For a limited time, you can get a free $5 Walmart gift card when you buy three of the participating official NCAA Football Pregame products. Whoa, right?!?!