For years, I never ate rice. I just could not, would not do it. No way, no how. Slowly but surely, I started adding rice back into my diet. One of the things that I really enjoy nowadays is cilantro lime rice.
Why cilantro lime rice? I have no idea! I think a big part of it is the freshness of the citrus, and the bold flavor that pairs well with many Mexican food dishes. Lime is one of my absolute favorite flavors, as I find it sweeter than lemon, and a little less acidic.
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Links may be affiliate links. We’ll make a small commission if you purchase through them.
This recipe uses pre-cooked rice. It’s not difficult to make rice on the stove, but it’s definitely easier to make it in a rice cooker. You’ll also need a zester, if you don’t have one already. A Microplane is great for this.
A delicious and tasty Tex Mex version of Cilantro Lime Rice. It's quick and easy to make, and perfect if you have leftover rice, too!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 C Rice
- 2 C Water
- 3 TBSP. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 3 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn to low, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender, but not mushy. You should not need to drain your rice.
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork and stir in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro until blended.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
See how easy it is to make your own flavored rice at home? It’s also not difficult to cook rice on the stovetop. I always make my rice this way, and never have an issue. Of course, a rice cooker is super quick and easy, too! This cilantro lime rice goes amazingly well with the slow cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe or Sheet Pan Fajitas for a quick and easy weeknight meal.