Caramel turtle brownies are a perfectly indulgent treat that’s easy to make.
One of the things I love is a really good treat. Normally, I like to go for baked goods. Particularly brownies, as they’re my weakness, although I really do like almost all types of bar cookies. There’s just something about them that feels indulgent.
And I am a sucker for something that’s layered, like these Caramel Turtle Brownies. I mean, really – what’s not to like? Rich chocolate, soft caramel, and pecans? Oh yes please! Make a batch of these Caramel Turtle Brownies for your next get together, and people will love you for it.
Caramel Turtle Brownies
I’m using our Little Black Dress brownie recipe as the base for this. It’s a perfect, delicious, indulgent, all purpose brownie recipe.
A rich and indulgent brownie that will be the hit of your party!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 6 oz. Butter or Margarine (1 cube plus 2 TBSP)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped (totally optional. I usually opt not.)
- 1/4 c caramel
- 1/2 c chocolate chips. I like the mini ones, but any kind work.
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan. Set oven to 325 degrees F. If I'm feeling particularly fancy, I'll butter & sugar the pan, but generally, I use a spray like Pam.
- Melt the butter in a mixing bowl (I microwave it for about a minute). Stir in the cocoa and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring to incorporate after each one. Add salt, baking powder and vanilla. I mix it by hand with a spatula. It's not hard mixing and the batter comes together quickly.
- Stir in the flour. Pour into your greased pan. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes, or until the brownies test done with a toothpick.
- Let cool until the brownies are just warm to the touch. Drizzle the caramel over the brownies. If you need to, you can warm it up so it flows better. Top the caramel with chocolate chips. Then sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
Cut into 12-16 pieces, and enjoy these Caramel Turtle Brownies!