There are a number of reasons why owning a home is something really great that as soon as you’ve done it, you’ll be glad you did. The best part some people might say, is the fact that instead of paying off someone else’s mortgage, you’re now paying off your own and that’s contributing to your future.
The best part according to others might be the fact that now you can paint the walls any colour that you feel like and not have to worry about anything any more. Regardless, let’s take a look at some of the most awesome things about owning your own home.
Reasons Why Buying a House is Awesome!
1. You can have as many pets as you want (within reason). Obviously you probably can’t start your own zoo in the backyard complete with lions and tigers, but if you want to have three dogs no one is going to bat an eyelid about it. If you want to have a huge menagerie, be sure to check with the local codes when buying a house. Sure, your backyard is going to take a thrashing from five hounds scampering around all day burying bones and who-knows-what in the turf, but at least the only person who’s going to be mad is you. Well, and maybe your neighbor who keeps getting their newspaper stolen by one of your hounds.
2. You can plant anything you want in the backyard. Have you always wanted a Balinese type feature bath in your backyard? How about a day bed for lounging around on? Well, anything you’ve ever wanted to do to your home can now be done. Another bonus of this is that if you want to plant a veggie garden you can, and no one will steal your harvest! Plant some perennials, knowing that you’re probably still going to be in the same house in a year’s time to reap the benefits of a full year’s worth of cultivation. If you’re an avid gardener, check out your soil condition when buying a house.
3. You can renovate if you want to! Do you hate your bathroom and really really want to change it, but you live in a rental? Then sadly, my friend, you’re out of luck and will just have to make do with the current vanity as it is. If, however, you’re in the entirely fortuitous position of living in your own home then feel free to rip the absolute guts of your bathroom out and replace the entire thing with a whirlpool spa. Why not? It’s your home – and you should be happy in it.
4. You can paint and paint to your heart’s content. If you (similarly with the previous point) hate the color of your bedroom walls and live in your own home, then making the change is simple. Just pop down to your local home hardware store and buy the paint that you fancy seeing instead. Although, I am considering painting my place that I rent. Shh….don’t tell anyone!
5. You can build equity in your home, and that is awesome. Maybe you’re looking into buying a house as an investment at some point or another, or you are going to want to upgrade to that fancy house on the hill. You are already on the right path to success with the home that you own. It can collect equity which in time will help with the deposit on your next investment property! The power of equity is incredible and will really sweeten the deal.
The bottom line is that if you can afford to buy a home, you totally should. Not only will buying a house make you a financially more secure person in the short and long term, it’s always a totally awesome weekend when you spend it sprucing up the house that you own. Whether it’s a new veggie patch or some feature walls, or even a patio feature. If you’re looking to get started, why not look at home loans by NPBS for some great information and advice on how to get started today!
photo credit: Let Ideas Compete StormPetrel1 jimwhimpey via photopin cc