Make these mashed sweet potatoes for your family dinner.
I never really was one much for sweet potatoes. I’m not sure why. I love me some mashed potatoes, but had never even considered having the mashed sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. Nope, the mashed sweet potatoes were something that I just passed right over.
Maybe it was the overpowering sweetness of the traditional sweet potato dish or I got them confused for candied yams. In any case, it wasn’t until much later in life that I realized how good sweet potatoes are. Man, I’ve been missing out all these years!
These Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar are sure to delight even the pickiest eater in your family.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar
Mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar is a great addition to your table. Light and fluffy, sweet and buttery, it has it all.
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 10 Sweet Potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound melted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roast sweet potatoes until soft in a 375 degree oven.
- Remove from the oven and peel when they're cool enough.
- Melt butter.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and mix until pureed.
- Add butter, sugar and spices.
- Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
We’re doing a series on Thanksgiving dishes all week. Be sure to check back daily to see what’s new!