The first time I had blintzes, I was 9 or 10. To say the least, I was not really a fan. I think I was expecting something like cheesecake in a pancake. Now that I’m (much) older, I can enjoy the subtleties and nuances of the flavors, like in these Fig and Port Wine Blintzes recipe.
This Fig and Port Wine Blintzes recipe is the perfect addition to your Passover desserts. Dried figs are preferred, as fresh figs make the filling too soggy and they have a more concentrated flavor.
We’re bringing a new perspective to your Passover meals. We’ll be sharing several recipes that have modern twists to traditional Passover dishes. These recipes are great for all times of year, too – not just the holy holidays.
Our non-traditional Passover recipes include the following:
- Cod and Potato Cakes with Horseradish Aioli
- Citrus Beet Salad with Walnut Brittle
- Wine and Honey Brisket
- Matzo Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
- Fig and Port Wine Blintzes
- Lemon Almond Flourless Cake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach