Chicken is one of the staples of many households. I don’t know about you, but an oft heard refrain in my home is “Chicken AGAIN? Can we have something else?” And I have to admit it. Chicken does tend to get boring. I was perusing Pinterest one day, looking for new ideas, when I came upon a crockpot pulled pork recipe. Could this work for chicken? I was intrigued! When you’re ready for something new and different, break out this Grilled Chicken with Root Beer BBQ sauce. It’s easy to make, and will have everyone in the house begging for more. You might want to make a double batch of this delicious grilled chicken with root beer bbq sauce. It’s great as leftovers, and makes a really tasty second meal as a BBQ Chcken Salad or BBQ chicken with Root Beer BBQ sauce sliders and sandwiches. The sauce can be stored in the fridge for about 2 weeks, too.
Grilled Chicken with Root Beer BBQ Sauce
There are a few things that are going to make this Grilled Chicken with Root Beer BBQ sauce even more amazing, and easier to cook. Links may be affiliate links. While the recipe is made for grilling outdoors, it can easily be made with a George Foreman grill. If you are grilling, a long handle basting brush will make your life easier. You can buy Tony Chachere’s Spice N Herbs here.
Having chicken day after day can get really boring. Shake up your routine with this delicious grilled chicken with root beer BBQ sauce. It's so good, people will be asking for seconds.The sauce can be stored for about 2 weeks, too.
60 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Tony Chachere's Spice N' Herbs
- Rootbeer BBQ Sauce
- *BBQ Sauce Ingredients: *
- 1 C root beer
- 1 C ketchup
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP molasses
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- BBQ Sauce Directions:
- Add all ingredients into a medium size sauce pan, bringing to a boil and constantly stirring.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator. Cover and store for up to 14 days.
- *BBQ Chicken Directions: *
- Put the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle it with Tony Tony Chachere's Spice N' Herbs.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Pour olive oil on a paper towel and rub on the grates of your grill.
- Put chicken on the grill and begin to brush on the BBQ sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then rotate the chicken applying BBQ sauce as you do.
- Cook on this side for another 5 minutes. Continue to rotate sides and applying BBQ sauce every 5 minutes up to a total of 20-30 minutes or until there is no pink.
How good does Barbecued chicken with root beer BBQ sauce look? It tastes even better! Serve with the ultimate pasta salad.
Love these Pinterest remakes? Here are a few more fun ones:
- Blueberry Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Layered Berry Smoothie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Veggies Cooked in a Dishwasher by Homemaking Hacks
- Cajun Cast Iron Skillet Potatoes by Better in Bulk
- Yellow Squash Croquettes by Mom Always Finds Out
- Paint Chip Calendar by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruit and Nut Trail Mix by My So Called Balanced Life