I’ve been making molded chocolate ever since I can remember. When I was a kid, my mom made a ton of chocolates and candies, but we never made a chocolate covered oreos recipe. Back at that time, supplies were really difficult to find, and they were kind of expensive, too. I remember going to various candy supply and cake supply shops all over southern California looking for a specific chocolate mold, type of chocolate, or even a food color.
Nowadays, it’s so much easier to make molded chocolates and filled candies. Supplies are just a click away. Even most craft stores, and some grocery stores, carry at least the basic supplies that you’ll need. These Bunny Rabbit Molded Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe are the perfect addition to your holiday treats. Everyone will ooh and ahh over them. You don’t have to tell them how easy they are to make, though.
Bunny Rabbit Molded Chocolate Covered Oreos
Links may be affiliate links.
- 1/2 cup solid shortening plus 1Tablespoon
- 1/3 cup each Wilton colored chocolate melts in bright pink, bright green, yellow, lavender, light blue, orange and white.
- 12 double stuff Oreo cookies
- 2 Easter Bunny candy/cookie molds
You could use almond bark + food coloring for your chocolate covered oreos recipe, but I’m not a fan of the texture or the taste.
In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave 1T shortening until melted, about 10-15 seconds. Add 1/3 cup yellow chocolate melts. Stir until completely melted.
2. With a small spoon (I used a teaspoon) fill up the bunny part of each mold with the melted yellow chocolate.
3. In a small microwave bowl, microwave 1 T shortening until melted, about 10-15 seconds. Add 1/3 cup of pink chocolate melts. Stir until completely melted.
4. Pour about 2 T of the melted pink chocolate into 2 molds, covering the yellow bunny completely. (There will be 2 cookie wells of each color).
5. Drop an Oreo cookie into both molds.
6. Cover up the Oreos with the remaining pink chocolate and fill the mold up to the top.
8. Chill for 30-45 minutes.
9. Gently invert mold over a plate or platter and pop each cookie out. They will be released from the mold very easily.
Total time is about an hour or so. So, you could make a ton of these bunny rabbit molded chocolate covered oreos in an afternoon or an evening. And don’t worry. We won’t tell your friends and family how easy it is to make these adorable and tasty treats.