Smoothies are all the rage right now, but let’s face it – drinking that glass of green sludge stuff isn’t for everyone. Heck, drinking that green stuff isn’t for me. I have to admit, I’ve pretty much been ignoring this smoothie trend, as I wanted nothing to do with it. Until now.
Summer is the season of the most amazing fruit available. Berries are ripe, soft tree fruits are ripe, and melons are at their peak of sweetness. Oooh…melons…Don’t even get me started on my love of melon in the summer! Why not make a melon smoothie that has this delicious, fleeting summer fruit as the star of the show?
Fresh Melon Smoothie Recipe
If you’re planning to make a lot of smoothies, you’re going to want a really great blender. We used a Nutri Ninja for this melon smoothie, since it was just one serving. If you’re going to be making a batch of melon smoothies for the whole gang, you might want something like a larger Ninja Blender or even a Vitamix blender.
A great smoothie can really get your day started right. Our summer melon smoothie is sure to make your day even better! Vegan, too.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/4 C Golden Dewlicious melon, cubed
- 1/4 C Sugar Kiss melon, cubed
- 1/4 Summer Kiss melon, cubed
- 1/2 C ice cubes
- 1/2 C Almond Milk
- Wash, skin, seed and cube the melons.
- Add 1/4 C of each melon in a blender.
- Add ice cubes.
- Add Almond milk.
- Pulse until well blended. If you like your melon smoothies a little more liquid, keep blending.
- You can also add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to your melon smoothie, if desired.
For more fun Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Healthy Banana Coffee Frozen Frappe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Ranch Baked Zucchini Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Summer Drink Recipe for Kids from Our Family World
- Mexican Tortellini Salad from Better in Bulk
- Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad from Mom Always Finds Out
- Baked Mini Coffee Doughnuts with Cocoa Glaze from Sweep Tight
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub from Upstate Ramblings
- Maple Pecan Ice Cream from LW Vogue
- Floating Pool Noodle Toy Bin from Homemaking Hacks