Even though spring has officially sprung, the weather is still fluctuating between warm, beautiful days and cold dreary ones. This creamy and smooth Carrot Ginger soup may just be the thing to get you through. Vegan, yet totally satisfying. It’s quick and easy too.
You can make this Carrot Ginger soup in about 30 minutes, and everyone will think you’ve been slaving away all day.
A creamy, satisfying Carrot Ginger soup that is totally and completely vegan. It's quick to make, but looks like a dish that would take hours to make.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- • 1 onion
- • 1 lb. carrots
- • 1-inch piece ginger
- • 1 clove garlic
- • 2 tsp. olive oil
- • Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- • 1 quart water plus 1 Tbs. light miso
- • salt & freshly ground pepper to taste (or white pepper)
- • Chiffonade of basil or Thai basil for garnish
- Peel and coarsely dice onion.
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Peel and slice ginger (scrape skin off ginger with the dull back-side of a paring knife).
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Warm olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add onion, carrots and ginger.
- Sauté over medium heat until starting to soften.
- Add garlic, and continue to cook for a minute longer.
- Add cayenne, water and miso, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Continue to cook another 10 minutes, until very soft. Puree in the blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings and add more water if too thick.
- Garnish bowls of soup with a chiffonade of fresh basil or Thai basil, and serve.
Will you be making this Carrot Ginger soup?
Recipe courtesy of Paulding & Co.