I am going to admit – I am kind of geeked up for the Olympics this year. I’m not sure why – maybe it’s all the reports of the craziness coming from Sochi. Here are three fabulous Olympic Inspired cocktails that are perfect for watching the games, or just to warm up on a cold winter day! They’re great for after a day on the slopes or just playing in the yard in the snow. Remember, 21 & over only, please.
Triple Axel Hot Toddy
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part JDK & Sons(tm) O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
- 8 parts apple cider
- 2 parts cranberry juice cocktail
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- In a saucepan heat the apple cider and cranberry juice just until steaming hot (do not let the liquid boil) and remove it from the heat. Stir in Sauza® Blue Reposado and liqueur. Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg as desired.
The Gold Medal Winner
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ¾ part chocolate liqueur
- ½ part chocolate sauce or syrup
- 1/6 cup ice
- Vanilla whipped cream (optional)
Preparation: Combine tequila, chocolate liqueur, chocolate sauce and ice in a glass filled with ice. Top with vanilla whipped cream (optional). Enjoy!
Sort of an adult version of Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- 1 ½ parts Sauza Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part Kamora Coffee Liqueur
- 4 parts coffee
- 2 tsp. cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon, 4 parts sugar) plus more for dusting
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine hot coffee and tequila. Mix in cinnamon and sugar until dissolved. Float whipped cream on top and dust with cinnamon-sugar. Garnish with cinnamon sticks (optional) and enjoy!
Will you be enjoying any of these cocktails?