How to Make Seed Bombs

This post brought to you by Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.

How to Make Seed Bombs

Gardening can be fun and exciting.  Personally, I’ve always been kind of jazzed by it, but my parents met at college – an Ag college.  And they’re both free spirits.  Sooo…my childhood experiences are kind of different than most peoples.

While I think it’s exciting to know that the seeds that are sown are going to turn into tasty veggies, vivid flowers, and flavorful herbs and spices, some people need a little more instant gratification.  That’s where thesefun garden projects from Miracle Gro come in.

Depending on what floats your boats, Miracle Gro’s The Gro Project has a series of super fun gardening projects.  They’ll teach you how to grow your own herbs, make seed bombs, plant a terrarium, even how to make a macramé plant holder.   We're gonna make seed bombs!

How to Make Seed Bombs

Items needed:

• Wildflower seeds

• Dried clay

Miracle-Gro® Seed Starting Potting Mix

• Bucket

• Tray or cookie sheet

• Cheesecloth – optional

• Ribbon or string – optional

• Gardening gloves

• Water

• Miracle-Gro® Shake’n Feed All Purpose Plant Food

Mix equal parts potting mix, clay and seeds in your bucket.

Grab a handful then roll into a small ball, about ¾” in diameter. Add water as needed, to help your mixture stick together.

Place the balls on a tray and dry them in the sun for a few days. I have also placed them of the shelf above my clothes dryer to dry.

Throw down on the ground! Get them off to a good start by feeding them Miracle-Gro® Shake ‘n Feed® Plant Food every three months.

Since you will probably have extras, why not pass these along to your friends?  Place them in a pretty paper bag, an organza bag, or wrap in cheesecloth and ribbon to make a pretty presentation.

For even more great gardening ideas, you can check out the Miracle Gro Pinterest page.

Visit Sponsor's Site

1. Sandy VanHoey says

I like this! And I know from experience, if you use Miracle Gro, it will work. We love that!

2. ANN*H says

I love to garden flowers and vegetables both. And Miracle Grow is a long time family friend of mine too. I have never heard about these seed bombs. Honestly I thought what in the world are they. My 5 year old grandson loves to garden too and this is an idea that he really would like to do. thanks so much for your idea

3. Rosie says

How cool! I never heard of these before – at first, they look like something to eat! Sounds like a lot of fun and I so adore flowers! I use Miracle Gro for my plants.

4. Julie Wood says

This is very interesting to make seed bombs. I have never heard of this and this sounds like a great way to have nice wildflowers in my back yard. I am going to do this next year!

5. ellen beck says

Recently at a funeral we were given wildflowers as the person who passed loved wildflowers. I think somthing like this would be great for a wedding if properly packaged and the couple had this interest! I am pretty non trad too :)

6. Susan Broughton says

This is such a good idea! I always use Miracle Grow for all my planting needs. I am going to pin this so I can remember it this Spring when I start planting again. Thanks so much!

7. shelly peterson says

what a cool idea! I will have to try this out and pass some around to friend and family.