I adore vegetables. Just love them! I always have. My mom never had any difficulty getting me to eat my carrots when I was a baby. Since I'm getting ready to plant my garden, I've got veggies on the brain, and these are my favorites.
1. Zucchini. I could eat zucchini every single day of my life. The only way I don't care for it is raw. I suppose it's okay raw, but I much prefer it steamed or grilled.
2. Asparagus. It's seriously one of the reasons I love spring. I love steamed asparagus or asparagus in pasta and stir frys.
3. Broccoli. I like broccoli in every way. Steamed, roasted, raw, it's all good. Except covered with cheese, because as much as I love broccoli and I may live for cheese, I don't like them together.
4. Brussels Sprouts. I am one of the rare ones that love Brussels sprouts. I will say though – when people talk about stinky soggy Brussels sprouts, I have no idea what they're talking about, as I've never experienced that.
5. Lettuce. I could eat salad every single day. During the summer, I usually do! I especially like field greens, mesclun mixes, and butter lettuces.
6. As a bonus, I'm including all the fruits masquerading as veggies masquerading as fruits. Tomatoes, avocados, red and yellow bell peppers (you can keep the green ones!), cucumbers, eggplant…
Are you a veggie fan? What's your favorite?