- Silver Award 2010 as Outstanding Young Contributor hosted by Mom’s Choice Awards
- Bronze Award 2010 Children’s Picture Book All Ages hosted by Young Voices Foundation
- Finalist 2010 in the Children’s Picture Book Softcover Category hosted by International Book Awards
- Winner 2010 in Children’s Motivation Category hosted by National Indie Excellence AwardsWinner Spring 2010 Pinnacle Achievement Award hosted by the North American Bookdealers Exchange
- Silver Medal 2009 in Children Chapter Books hosted by Readers Favorite Book Reviews
Sewing a Friendship is an award-winning book about making new friends. Meeka, Sokron, Jonsy, and Nina (the fab four, per me!)are best friends with a fun-filled summer planned. Sleepovers, fashion shows, and more. When Kiki Shaver, the meanest girl that the Fab Four girls have ever known, gets involved, everything changes. Will Kiki ruin the summer? Why is Kiki so mean? What will happen with the fab four?
There’s a great introduction to all of the characters, complete with a picture and their full-on back-story. I mean, birth date, hair color, favorite food – it’s all there! Sometimes I wish novels for adults had that.
Written and illustrated by Natalie Tinti. Oh, did I mention Natalie was 10 years old when she wrote this? I KNOW, RIGHT?!!! Sewing a Friendship has won a ton of awards, too!
Author: Natalie Tinti
Illustrated by: Natalie Tinti
Price: $15.99 US (hardcover)/$9.99 US (paperback)
Available: Independent Bookstores everywhere or directly from Natalie herself.
Format: Hardcover, Paperback